Information security is perhaps the most important aspect of the business efficiency of any enterprise. This article will consider how Data Room can protect your data privacy.
How does malware expose user data?
The more IT technologies evolve and integrate into our daily lives, the more important information security becomes. This can be confirmed by: statistics published by WASC (Web Application Security Consortium), according to which more than 96.85% of websites are vulnerable to hacker attacks, as well as statements by information security experts such as the international organization CERT (Computer Emergency Response Team) ), who believe that the number of incidents in the infosphere and the number of identified vulnerabilities increases significantly each year.
Malware is software that can be used to compromise your computer, steal data, control access, or harm your computer. In the overall set of threats to information processed in the automated system, a significant place is occupied by threats to data transmitted over channels and lines of communication between geographically dispersed objects of the automated system.
Security requirements to the Data Room software
In general, any information can be characterized in terms of its objectivity, reliability, completeness, relevance and usefulness, timeliness, and conciseness. Protection of information with limited access is not only to protect the means of information processing but to organize measures to maintain certain properties of data. Such properties are confidentiality, integrity, and accessibility. Cloud technologies like virtual data room keep better with this task.
As a result of the combined action of these factors before the developers of the Data Room designed to process important information, the following tasks arise that require immediate and effective solutions:
- Ensuring the security of new types of information resources. Since computer systems are now directly integrated into the information structures of modern society, the means of protection must take into account modern forms of information presentation (hypertext, multimedia, etc.). This means that security systems must provide security at the level of information resources, not individual documents, files, or messages.
- Organization of trusted interaction of the parties (mutual identification/authentication) in the Data Room information space. The development of local networks and the Internet dictates the need for effective protection for remote access to information, as well as user interaction through public networks. This challenge needs to be addressed globally, although the parties involved may be located in different parts of the planet, operating on different hardware platforms and in different operating systems.
- Protection against automatic means of attack. Experience of operation of existing systems has shown that today completely new functions are required from protection systems, namely, the possibility of maintenance of safety in the conditions of any their interaction with similar means, including at emergence in their programs carrying out destructive actions – a computer. computer viruses, automated hacking tools, aggressive agents.
- Integration of information protection in the process of automation of its processing as a mandatory element. To be in demand in today’s market of information systems, security tools should not significantly degrade the characteristics of existing applications and existing information processing technologies, but, on the contrary, should become an integral part of these tools and technologies.
- Development of modern effective, adequate, and reliable mathematical models of safety. It is easy to understand that these problems are under constant attention and need to be solved because it is clear that the current state and further development and dissemination of information technology in the field of critical systems that process important information are under constant threat.